Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon is back with its Training Runs this year. For the first time since 2019, SCSM Training Runs are returning, accepting up to 250 runners per session.
SCSM also celebrates the return of the Marathon events, road racing and mass start. Taking place on 2 – 4 December, race organisers IRONMAN Asia, together with Running Department, are rolling out a series of Training Runs to help runners prepare for SCSM.
The training runs take place biweekly on Wednesdays and Saturdays, leading up to SCSM2022. All Saturday sessions will cover a longer distance. These training runs are part of a training programme that aims to optimise training, easing runners back into running safely post-pandemic.
Led by the PUMA pacers from Running Department, the public can choose to run with these pacer groups:
- Marathon 42.195km – 4hrs 00min (05:40min/km)
- Marathon 42.195km – 4hrs 30min (06:23min/km)
- Marathon 42.195km – 5hrs 00min (07:07min/km)
- Marathon 42.195km – 5hrs 00min (07:49min/km)
- Half Marathon 21.1km – 2hrs 00min (05:40min/km)
- Half Marathon 21.1km – 2hrs 15min (06:23min/km)
- Half Marathon 21.1km – 2hrs 30min (07:07min/km)
- Half Marathon 21.1km – 2hrs 15min (07:49min/km)
Running Department is a no-frills Singapore-based running community fueled by runners with a strong passion for running. Together with Coached, the training runs welcome all athletes of different age groups and levels.
Train with the PUMA Pacers by signing up for your preferred training run with these steps:
- Create a Running Department Train With Us account at https://www.runningdept.com/trainwithus/community-run.aspx
- Check in with your QR code
- Always have your mask on and mobile phone with you
- Registration opens on Sunday 12pm; before each Training Run
SCSM Training Runs are open to the public free of charge, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Registration for SCSM is still ongoing for all categories – Marathon 42.195km, Half Marathon 21.1km, 10km, 5km and Kids Dash. All categories will flag off from F1 Pit Building at their respective start times. Runners are encouraged to sign up early to secure race slots at the lowest price, as race slots are priced by tier, with each tier having a limited volume of slots available! All participants will receive their Runner’s Singlet by PUMA, as well as event medal upon completing the event.
More details can be found on singaporemarathon.com. To receive the latest SCSM updates, subscribe to our SCSM socials on Facebook and Instagram @Sgmarathon.