My new year resolution for 2018 was to sign up for less runs and to focus on the important ones instead. Yet I could not resist signing up for the Transformers Run which was happening on the first Saturday of the year.
Race Pack Collection
- Race pack collection was held outside Kallang Wave Mall just beside Stadium MRT and there was no queue.
- The race pack comprised of a Transformers drawstring bag, a black event T-shirt, a water bottle and 2 packets of milk.
- As it was a fun run, there was no bib and we were given a wristband for entry into the run.
- The race venue was conveniently located at Palawan Green of Sentosa, directly beside Beach Station.
- Prior to flag off, runners were greeted by gigantic mascots of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.
- Flag off was 10 minutes earlier than the projected time of 430pm.
- Weaving my way through participants who were strolling with their friends and children, I started running but not for long.
- At around the 1km mark after Siloso Beach, it became challenging when we had to run uphill. Like everyone else, I slowed down and started walking up Mount Imbiah.
- The uphill then downhill course lasted for around 1km and we were finally running on flat ground to Palawan Beach.
- The weather was pleasantly cloudy and only slightly warm.
- Hydration stations were adequately stocked with isotonic drink and water which volunteers had poured beforehand.
- The overall distance was only around 4.5km but I felt tired because of the uphill section.
- At the end of the run, we were given a beautiful finisher medal, a bottle of Ice Mountain water and a can of 100Plus drink.
- It was indeed a very enjoyable run, especially for participants with young children.
- The Transformers mascots who were present at the event provided plenty of photo opportunities for the runners.
- Thank you, organizer and volunteers, for making this event a very successful one.