The Springleaf Park is one of the nearby running routes around the Yishun area. The Springleaf Park Connector connects Nee Soon Road to Upper Thomson Road. For our weekend workout last Sunday, the 6 March 2016, my jogging buddy, Calvin and I had decided to run to Springleaf Park again. The last time we ran there was in August 2015.
Springleaf Park is about a 4km jog from Yishun Ave 3. The route is mainly flat with a slight gradient along Lentor Ave but once you reach the park connector it’s flat all the way.
What I like about the Springleaf Park Connector when I jog there during my morning workouts:
- Fresh clean air that just awakens you as you’re surrounded by lots of greenery.
- As you continue to jog along the waterway, you get to see beautiful reflections of the sky and trees appear on the surface of the water.
- Birds chirping which add to the peace and tranquility of the place
- A fantastic backdrop for sunrises. It’s always nice that you can witness a sunrise and take awesome pictures
- A rest area where there toilets and a water coolers. You can do your stretches before continuing on your return jog.
Below are some of the photos that I took while on my morning there. This is one of the places that I think is worth checking out if you are ever in the area for a workout.