Push up is an effective way to strengthen the chest and arm muscle. It is a multi joint exercise that target your pecs, triceps, deltoids, abdominals and most of your key muscle stabilizers. Additionally, it does not require any equipment and can be perform anytime and anywhere.
- Lie on the floor face down and place your hands wide apart, holding your torso up at arms length.
- Lower yourself downward until your chest almost touches the floor while you inhale.
- Exhale and press your upper body back up to the initial position, squeezing your chest.
- Repeat the cycle for as many repetitions as possible.
5 Benefits of Push-Ups
- Increased upper body strength and endurance.
- Reduced chance of back pain.
- Stronger stabilizer muscles in your shoulders.
- Stronger core muscles.
- Increased overall fitness.