Garmin Launches Forerunner 55, An Easy-To-Use Smartwatch That Encourages Running and Healthy Lifestyles
Runners can focus on the fundamentals or take their training to the next level
Singapore, 25 June 2021 – Garmin today announced the Forerunner® 55, an easy-to-use GPS smartwatch designed for people of all skill levels – especially those new to running – to track their stats and achieve their fitness goals. With the simple press of a button, users can start their run or walk and track their time, distance, speed, pace and heart rate data right from their wrist. The Forerunner 55 also offers detailed running data, daily suggested workouts, additional built-in sports apps and more.
“We know there are runners of all skill levels who prefer a simplified running watch,” said Mr. Scoppen Lin, Director, Garmin Asia. “With that in mind, the Forerunner 55 presents informative and digestible data in a way that can help people reach their running goals, while also encouraging them to live a healthy lifestyle.”
The Forerunner 55 helps runners of all skill levels achieve their fitness goals:
Built-in GPS tracks how far, how fast and where a user runs
- Wrist-based heart rate provides data all day and night
- All-day activity tracking counts steps, calories, sleep and more
- Daily suggested workouts take the guesswork out of training by offering personalized run workouts tailored to the runner’s training history, fitness level and recovery time
- Garmin Coach training plans offer on-screen guidance from expert coaches and free 5K, 10K or half marathon training plans that adapt based on a runner’s goals
- Safety features let runners send a message with their location to family and friends
Take your training to the next level with advanced running features
The Forerunner 55 offers runners the following tools to take their training to the next level:
- PacePro provides guidance to help runners tailor their efforts to a selected course or distance
- The finish time estimator lets athletes select a run distance and view their estimated finish time right from the wrist
- Cadence alerts let runners know when they’ve gone outside their target cadence range, helping to improve their running form
- For those looking to switch up their workout routine, the Forerunner 55 features several built-in activity profiles, including track or virtual running, pool swimming, Pilates, HIIT and more
- Following a workout, the built-in recovery time will let athletes know how long to rest before their next big effort
Stay on top of your health and wellness all day
Featuring a wide array of health and wellness features from Garmin Firstbeat Analytics™, the Forerunner 55 is intended to be worn 24/7. Athletes can track their stress and set relaxation reminders to do short breathing exercises, use the Body Battery™ energy monitor to track energy levels to find the best times for activity and rest, and gain insights into when and how intensity minutes are earned throughout the day. Additionally, women can track their menstrual cycle or pregnancy and log symptoms, receive exercise and nutrition education and more through the Garmin Connect™ app.
Connect with friends and fellow runners
The Forerunner 55 includes popular connected features2 to help athletes stay in touch. Directly from the wrist, users can receive text messages and view social media updates, emails and more. Built-in assistance and incident detection3 let users manually or automatically send a message with their real time location to emergency contacts. The Forerunner 55 will also automatically upload activities to Garmin Connect and allow athletes to download custom watch faces, data fields and apps from the Connect IQ™ Store.
Get more runs and workouts in between charges with the Forerunner 55. It features up to two weeks of battery life in smartwatch mode and up to 20 hours in GPS mode. The Forerunner 55 is available now in black, white or aqua and has a suggested retail price of SGD 299 on Lazada, Shopee, KrisShop.com, Garmin Online Store and all authorized retailers. For more information on the entire Forerunner lineup, visit garmin.com.com.my/minisite/forerunner.
Engineered on the inside for life on the outside, Garmin products have revolutionized life for runners, cyclists, swimmers and athletes of all levels and abilities. Committed to developing technology that helps people stay active and elevate performance, Garmin believes every day is an opportunity to innovate and a chance to beat yesterday. Other Garmin fitness brands include Tacx and Firstbeat Analytics.