Adidas Running Unveils The New Ultraboost 19; The Most Responsive Ultraboost Ever
- New adidas Ultraboost 19 showcases the future of running with a new Ultraboost design, giving runners maximum energy return for a highly responsive experience
- Reconstructed from 17 pieces to just 4 cutting-edge components, adidas reinvents its most iconic running shoe
- adidas celebrates how runners are reimagining the sport and transforming themselves with its ‘Recode Running’ campaign
- The adidas Ultraboost 19 will be available to all runners worldwide from 21 February
Singapore – adidas Running unveils the all-new adidas Ultraboost 19, the most responsive, energy-charged version of the iconic running silhouette to date.
To create the new adidas Ultraboost 19, adidas designers and product developers worked with thousands of runners worldwide to totally reinvent the running shoe. Together, they simplified the original adidas Ultraboost from 17 pieces to just 4 performance-driven components, creating a lighter, reboosted silhouette with more responsiveness for a game-changing running experience
The reimagined shoe features:
- Optimized BOOST, with 20% more BOOST in the midsole to inject more energy into each step
- This works alongside a brand-new Torsion Spring to propel you forward effortlessly. The result of this high-tech configuration is a shoe that blasts back more energy and moves with you, so every stride is full of power and no energy is wasted in the transition
- With regards to the fit, the 3D Heel Frame cradles the foot on impact, providing enhanced support and stability for a more confident run
- The pioneering one-piece Primeknit 360 upper snugly wraps the foot for enhanced support and lightweight comfort
The adidas Ultraboost 19 was inspired by, and made for, a new era of running. A type of running that is more creative, sociable and open than ever before. To celebrate this, adidas will launch the ‘Recode Running’ campaign which champions how runners are transforming the sport every time they run. The trailer, which launched yesterday, 11 February, explores how runners from all over the world are ripping running apart and sticking it back together in creative ways.
Sam Handy, VP Design, adidas Running, said, “Running is constantly evolving, so we designed the reboosted and re-energized adidas Ultraboost 19 to empower runners all over the world to keep challenging and changing what running is and what it looks like. We have created a shoe that provides more energy return than ever before so that all runners can run with power and confidence in whatever way their creativity takes them.”
Early supporters of the new adidas Ultraboost 19, who were first in the world to experience the shoe, include adidas’ biggest global athletes and entertainment influencers, such as football players Lionel Messi, Paulo Dybala and Paul Pogba, track and field star Wayde van Niekerk, Hollywood actor Chadwick Boseman and style icon Kendall Jenner.
After selling out the first exclusive colorway, the adidas Ultraboost 19 Laser Red, in under seven minutes in the US and China, the model drops worldwide on 21 February. Three other limited-edition colorways, Dark Pixel, Refract and Bat Orchid, that have launched since January are available to buy at exclusive retailers.
The Ultraboost 19 retails for SGD 280 and will be available in-store at adidas Marina Bay Sands, adidas VivoCity, adidas Suntec, and online at adidas.com.sg from 21 February 2019. Sign up for more information at https://www.adidas.com.sg/running_ultraboost. Follow the conversation on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and using #ULTRABOOST and @adidasrunning.